Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"What I have learned this year"

This guy has the right attitude to be a teacher. We must not let the bumps in the road get us down, too many students depend on us. He has a lot of valuable information on what to expect, and not expect. All kids are different, as well as teachers. That is how God made us. If we stay informed, keep learning, and evolve our methods regularly, we can make the difference in many lives.
I have very high expectations for my career as a "coach" (thanks Dr. Strange) for the students because I feel I too have the right outlook to be truly successful. I'm not looking for perfect students in a perfect school. The world is not perfect. But that is not an excuse to not be active in the process of guiding our youth on a course that benefits them, as well as society in general. And anyone who knows me will attest to the fact that hardly nothing ever gets me down and I refuse to ever give up on anything! If I get stumped going one path, I just keep going till I finally get there. And I am not scared to get help if needed, which is quite often!
Man, I am so psyched right now!

2 comments:

  1. Barry I appreciate your enthusasim. I think you are going to make a great "Coach".

    You said, "We can make the difference in many lives." You are so right. This is a big part of why I like to teach. Teachers may not make the most money but we are in a position to make a big difference.

    Keep up the good work. SS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barry,

    Wow! After reading your post, I want to be on your team! You seem to be very driven about coaching. I like what you said about you are not looking for the perfect school or the perfect student, but you will push your students, or athletes to do their best. Keep up the good work!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete