Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Blog Post #4

After review the required articles on pod casting, I can definitely see the benefits of using this fairly new and ever improving technology. There does not seem to be a limit, that I can see, to the uses in an educational environment. If a student has to miss class for any reason, it is no longer a major hassle to arrange for makeup help, or making sure the student gets the information missed in a timely manner. The student can just listen to the podcast! How cool is that?
Also, if the students are involved in the production of the podcast, they will absorb the information more easily, and retain it much better. All students learn better if the material is interactive, and fun! This is a proven fact from more than one source. And they will get that awesome feeling of accomplishment, something many of them will have for the first time.
Curriki
This was probably the best source of info for me, next to the YouTube video. The site was full of information, and all of it was written for the new user, but still technical enough to make sure you got everything you need to create a very nice podcast.
I liked it so much I added it to my bookmarks!
Eagle Nest Radio & Class Blog You can just see the excitement on their little faces! There is no doubt that most, if not all, will remember this class assignment for a very long time. I can remember being in History class in the third grade, and how boring it was. And I had an excellent teacher! But with this new (to me) technology called podcast, the students are now "living" the subject. This they will relate too.
It is easy to see why the students are so enamored with this, and the teacher need a "cu dos" for originality in making learning fun!
Landwitche's Blog
I can already see the "look" talked about, the one you get from parents and administrators whenever the subject of technology comes up. I plan to incorporate as much technology into my curriculum as will be allowed.
Having this information on how to explain to the "brass" (school administrators) and the "customer" (parents) the phenomenal benefits of using this, and any, technology will be of much use!
Wise Women (The Best Article Everyday)
This too was a very helpful post with many links to show how to effectively use a podcast. I have never done anything like this before. I was a little intimidated at first, but after reading this, I felt like I could give it a go. The article starts with the basic stuff, and moves all the way up to the more advanced podcast.
I'm kinda glad we are restricted by time during this summer semester, but this is one thing I wish we could have left in. I think it would have better than "timetoast"!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barry, Technology is becoming more improved. It is so neat that if a student misses class it is not as much as a "big deal" becasue of podcasting. This is probably better for the educator also. They will not have to stop class and give them everything that they have missed. The student can just go listen to the podcast. Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. I am glad to read that you intend to be a podcasting teacher!

    ReplyDelete