Thursday, June 17, 2010

Blog Post #5 (Question #1)

I read both of these articles, and had a hard time containing my usually awesome demeanor! The first guy was not even a teacher! How can he bash something he has little if any knowledge of? But after reading more, I could see some of his point...some. I started to form the basis of a theory for their adversity the more I read. By the time I had finished the second, I had confirmed my suspicions.
So, I turned to my trusted Goggle, and guess what? I immediately found my counter argument, with a verified study to back it up, no less! Now that's cool. Click here for the full article. If the "teacher" does not use the whiteboard effectively, it will not be effective. This study backed article proved my suspicions, which are also backed by Dr. Strange. The "teacher" must be an interactive "coach" to the ones doing the learning, not force feeding the information so it can be "burped backed" on the standardized tests.

1 comment:

  1. Good work Barry! You made some important points. As teachers we must be interactive and engage our students. The smartboard is an effective tool for doing so.

    All though the authors of the first two pieces were not in favor of the smartboard or whiteboard I agree with you, they made some valid points. SS

    ReplyDelete